Interview with Sebastien

« Older   Newer »
waytotheend
» Posted on 15/3/2009, 14:16

That's not the first time that you come to Brazil. How was the last time and what do you expect from the Simple Plan's tour in the country?

We always have so much fun in Brazil, especially at the shows. The concerts are definitively the craziest in the world. The fans are very receptives and that's why we come back.

That's how the international artists call the brazilians. Is it really true? What's the difference between the crowd here and the crowd in other countries?

Yes. That's absolutely the truth. No one is lying when say the brazilians are the most craziest. There's no one like you. Maybe the japaneses. But in Japan they are not so exciting as you are. In Brazil they follow you from the airport to the hotel and then run to the car. That's something really special that only happens in Brazil.

This kind of insistence let you down?

I wouldn't do this, but I think is cool from they do this. It's all part of the fun in being there and go crazy.

Now that you already came to Brazil, what do you expect from this tour?

I hope to have a great time, as always. The people will definitely have. All what happened in Brazil in the previously times, I hope to have it even more.

After three releases, is getting easy decide the setlist for a tour like this one?

Now we can choose between the best songs from the three records and play it. The fans will be happy to listen some old school and the new songs. It will be a huge party with surprises that I can't tell you yet.

This tour is out there for a while. After these dates will you record a new album or take some time off?

We had a time off since Christmas, so we're done. We are writing some things and I guess when we come back from Brazil, we'll see what happens with the new record.

When you were here, did you guys meet any brazilian band?

It's hard. We don't know a lot of bands because it's hard to listen something that we can't understand. But we always have great opening bands.

And the music nowadays? Do you think we're living a good fase?

Definitely. I think we have millions of bands out there. A lot of regular groups and some really good. Everyone has a favorite band and everyone listen to the radio. The music is not something segmented, everybody likes. I think it's good for the music itself. It's a great fase.

You're together since 99. What changed inside the band since then?

As we're together for that long, we can have a lot of fun together. We grew up as a band and as person. We are in a good time doing this for a good reason, I mean, play music.

What the brazilian fans can expect from you guys here?

A huge party. At the shows we always want to make a big party with the crowd.

Edited by waytotheend - 17/3/2009, 20:49

0 replies since 15/3/2009, 14:16   62 views