Off To Madrid!, Jeff's Blog

« Older   Newer »
waytotheend
» Posted on 9/7/2008, 01:07

Dovrebbe fare pił spesso i blogs Jeff :D li adoro i suoi :D

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

off to madrid!

I just left home after two great days off. I saw some friends, cooked some mean barbecue and just had a great time all around. It sure wasn't a lot of time spent at home relaxing but I made the most out of it and now I'm off to Madrid.

Recently, we played some of the funnest shows we've had since we put out number III. It all started with Quebec city on the 1st of july. That particular night felt like a hometown gig in Montreal just much bigger: with probably 50 times more people. My favorite show ever used to be the one we played at the same exact place over two years ago, on Les Plaines D'Abraham in Quebec city, yet this time, the weather was fantastic and the crowd was insane. There was so much energy coming from the 150 000 people who showed up to that event. Before going on stage, it looked like I wasn't the only one who was nervous to play in front of such a crowd and that excitement/good stress translated in one of the best performances we gave in a long time. Needless to say, I will tell my kids someday about that night...and they probably think I'm exaggerating.

We also played shows in Charlotte, Miami, Orlando and Little Rock during that same period that were much fun too. I guess it felt good to see old friends from the US at those shows. That and the fact that those shows were really glorified parties put us all in a pretty festive mood....so we partied a bit. It was great to go out with the whole band and just loose it for a short moment. We just "got weird" as we like to say in the SP clan. Those times make me remember that I love being in a band with guys that are really good friends. Sounds cheesy but sometimes you just have to "embrace your inner gouda"...

Alright, this is probably my worst blog ever but at least by reading it, you can feel that I'm well rested, that my social life is good and that I'm stocked to be playing shows all summer long. I'm on my way to Spain for a day off in one the coolest cities of the world. It should be great...that is if my flight isn't delayed again and if I end up getting there.

- Jeff

i'd do anything
» Posted on 9/7/2008, 09:43

Jeffino ti amiamo lla follia...possiamo venire anche noi a fare i barbecue a casa tua prossima volta?????

vale93kotor
» Posted on 9/7/2008, 15:26

uee lo voglio fare pure io il barbecue XDXDXD

2 replies since 9/7/2008, 01:07   85 views